As mentioned yesterday, David Ziser’s Digital WakUp Call tour looks to be shaping up to be a pretty great event! I got a sneak peek this past Sunday and if you are even remotely interested in improving your lighting skills or your business chops, you’d be crazy not to sign up. The best part? Chances are, David is going to be right in your town! – 58 locations all in all! Can’t beat that for a lousy 79 bucks.
(in my best TV pitchman voice): BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE!!! As a special offer for F/1.0 readers, David is offering 20 bucks off registration if you use the following code: ZEZDWC09. what a guy! Especially considering that just for walking in the door you get:
- Tour Handbook including: program notes, photography, marketing and more
- 2 Hour DVD with extended program content
- $100 Rebate from American Color Imaging
- 1 year membership to WPPI and Rangefinder magazine, a $99 value
- FREE 3 month membership to DigitalProTalkPlus.com, a $45 value
- FREE 3 month subscription to PPA Magazine, a $15 value
- FREE PPA Indemnification (no-fault) insurance for all new PPA members, a $50 value
- Over $2,500 in door prizes awarded each evening
- And a chance to win 1 of 4 Grand Prizes worth over $5,000
Still not satisfied? Ok, how about getting in *for free*. Yup, that’s right – 1 lucky reader gets a free pass in whichever city you choose! How? Well, The digital WakeUp tour is all about Lighting, so how about an “Exciting Lighting” contest! Here’s how it works:
- Create a Flickr account (if you don’t already have one)
- Join the newly created F/1.0 flickr group
- upload your best photos using off-camera lighting to you flickr stream
- Tag said photos with “F10DWC” (for f/1.0 digital wakup call)
- Add them to the F/1.0 group
- Please limit 3 entries per person – if you tag more than 3 images with “F10dwc” I will simply consider the first three tagged to be the entries!
That’s it! The contest will run until noon (EST) on March 25th. After the contest is closed, we will look over the entries and select what we consider to be the best image (based on overall style, composition, technical skill, and creative use of lighting). The winner will be notified via flickrmail, and will have their winning entry featured on F/1.0, in addition to receiving the free pass to the Digital WakeUp Call tour! Costs nothing to enter, so start submitting those shots!